Assignment 1: Create your own cloud computing server (individual)
- Create a 48-core VM on ChameleonCloud;
- Install Anaconda Python;
- Run a Jupyter Notebook/JupyterLab server with password and SSL for encrypted communication;
- Login your Jupyter Notebook/JupyterLab server through web-browser;
- Open a terminal in Jupyter, save a image of your server, then submit a screenshot through Canvas;
- After submission, release your IP and server to other users (if you don’t use).
Assignment 2: Parallel computing (individual)
- Define a function to clean, process, or analyze a large dataset of your interest;
- Compare the efficiency of serial computing to that of parallel computing;
- Use a Notebook to complete this assignment, submit the GitHub link of your Notebook through Canvas.
Assignment 3: Analysis of social networks (individual/group)
Assignment 4: Analysis of trends using topic modeling (individual/group)